Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thank You Mom and Dad! (Feb. 8, 2008)

I got your packages today - both of them. I have never enjoyed peanut butter as much as I did tongiht! I ate big spoons of it with an apple. The honey-roasted sunflower seeds are delicious. It feels really good to have some familiar snacks from home. I'll save the Valentine's Day candy for my students, but I did sneak a little sample already. They'll love to have candy from America. And I'm curious to learn what kind of tasty dish I can make with tuna, veg. mix, and parsley. I'll pick up some mayo for that. Now, I'm restocked on floss and anti-bac wipes. The galoshes are perfect. And the big collapsible jug will make fetching water more convenient. I was tempted to go and fetch some right now so that I could tell you how well it worked, but it's 10:30 pm, so I'll wait till morning.




Today, I wore the black thermal you sent me. I was counting the days and realized this is the 5th day in a row that I have worn this shirt. Who would have thought I would wear a shirt five days in a row? I feel like I'm seeing life from a new set of eyes. They say that traveling abroad teaches a person how small the world is, but I can see that it's actually much bigger and more glorious than I ever knew. I guess I'm poor by American standards, but my spirit tells me that I'm very rich. What a journey this is! Thanks for the packages, and for everything. I love you, and I’ll talk to you soon.



Thomas, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment